Entries must be checked in on Friday October 27th by 11:30am
The Missouri State Beekeepers Association will host the “Cooking with Honey, Beekeeping Crafts, Beekeeping Centerpieces, and Beekeeping Photography” contest at the October 27 and 28, 2017 Fall Conference in Springfield, Missouri. If you are a member or spouse of a member of the MSBA, please show off your unique cooking, crafting, and photography talents and represent your local club with pride.
Category 1 – “Cooking with Honey”
The classes in this category are:
- Honey Cookies
- Bread (dough can be from scratch or bread machine)
- Honey cake (from scratch)
- Honey must be the principal sweetener in recipes
- Boxed cake mix is not applicable
- Type or print your recipe to include with your entries
- Points will be given for your display presentation
- Mark your containers with your name if you want them back unless they are disposable
- ITEMS THAT NEED REFRIGERATION ARE NOT ALLOWED
- The “People’s Choice Contest” follows the professional judging, so please bring a generous amount of your food item.
Category 2 – “Honeybee Crafts”
This category is for honeybee crafts, which includes but is not limited to crochet, knit, embroidery, quilting, painting, jewelry, etc.
- Beekeeping/honeybees should be the subject for all projects
- We are limited on space so please be considerate of the size of your projects
- You are responsible for picking your projects up by the end of the conference!!
- “People’s Choice Contest” follows the professional judging, so please bring a generous amount
Category 3- “Centerpieces” **New This Year**
After the centerpieces are judged they will be put on display on the tables at the awards banquet Friday night.
- Must have a honey bee theme
- You may use any materials you wish including live flowers (No live bees please)
- Limit 1 centerpiece per person
- Be considerate of the height since they will be put on display while we are eating
- Entries must be submitted by Friday 10-27-17 at 11:30 am
- You are responsible for picking centerpieces up
Category 4- “Beekeeping Photography” **New This Year**
- Photos must depict a beekeeping theme including but not limited to bees, beekeepers, hives, honey, brood, etc. in the photos.
- Photos can be in color or black and white. Those that have been digitally altered beyond basic editing and toning will not be accepted.
- Limit 3 photos per person
- Photos must have been taken within the last 2 years
- Photos must be in printed form. They may be mounted, framed, or in protective plastic sleeve
- Your name must be on the back or attached to the photo in some way
- You are responsible for picking your photos up.
For more information, email Erin Mullins: email@example.com