Membership dues remain at $10 per individual. Please use the online application below to enroll or renew. If you wish to mail your check to me, please include your first and last names, address, telephone number, and email address.
Local Club Leaders: I gladly accept batch memberships if given the information on a typewritten list and either a check from the local club’s treasurer or secretary. With the change of the website some folks have renewed well in advance of their membership expiration. You should now receive notice the month preceding your membership expiration. While the website is going through growth spurts please contact me if you have questions regarding your membership. Some of you have paid until 2019! Thank you for supporting MSBA!
401 NW Heady Avenue
Ferrelview, MO 64163
The purpose of the Missouri State Beekeepers Association is to engage in any and all activities that will promote the common interests of beekeepers, and the general welfare of beekeeping, in the State of Missouri.
Our objectives to meet this purpose:
- Promote and solicit individuals to the beekeeping industry.
- Be an instrument of education to future and established beekeepers.
- Be a proponent of adequate laws for the protection of beekeeping.
- Help establish new beekeeping associations throughout the state of Missouri.
- Encourage and support existing regional beekeeping associations in Missouri.
- Be an active advocate of national beekeeping industry.
- Be an avenue of information between the national beekeeping industry and the beekeepers in the State of Missouri.
MSBA Membership Benefits
- Provide unified and collective legislative support for beekeeping. Example: 2015 Missouri Honey Law (Missouri Senate Bill 500).
- Educational resources for new and seasoned beekeepers (found on this website).
- You are eligible for a discounted rate to the American Bee Journal (ABJ) by filling out the ABJ Association
- Member Subscription form or calling and asking for the association member rate.
- Receive a registration discount at the MSBA conferences (two each year). These events make it possible for our members to hear directly from some of the leading researchers in the beekeeping industry and find out new techniques and information, often before it is even published. Attendees also get to network with hundreds of your fellow beekeepers who are successfully keeping bees right here in Missouri.
- Receive 6 newsletters a year containing articles and information collected from reliable resources and those written by fellow beekeepers right here in Missouri.
- Liability insurance coverage when attending MSBA sponsored events.
- You can register to be added to the statewide swarm catchers list.
- Join the discussions of over 1400 beekeepers on our Facebook page interact with others and help increase the number of successful beekeepers.
How are my membership dues used?
- Financial support in the Heartland Apiculture Society.
- Financial support for noted honey bee researcher Randy Oliver of www.ScientificBeekeeping.com.
- A massive public education event at the Missouri State Fair.
- Support and assistance to local clubs from MSBA Regional Directors.
- Missouri dues for the American Honey Producers Association and American Beekeeping Federation.